Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchLatest imagesMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Mary
"What’s a King to a God, and a God to a Non-believer?" I_icon_minitimeby MinaAizawa Thu Oct 13, 2022 3:46 am

» Kiki Munroe
"What’s a King to a God, and a God to a Non-believer?" I_icon_minitimeby Kevin Maverick Sun Sep 11, 2022 9:14 am

» Here's The Scoop
"What’s a King to a God, and a God to a Non-believer?" I_icon_minitimeby CHAOS Sat Sep 10, 2022 11:40 pm

» The Last Horseman
"What’s a King to a God, and a God to a Non-believer?" I_icon_minitimeby pussy Sat Sep 10, 2022 11:21 pm

» Price of Entry
"What’s a King to a God, and a God to a Non-believer?" I_icon_minitimeby Brick_Shithouse Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:46 pm

» 001: Una Introducción Formal
"What’s a King to a God, and a God to a Non-believer?" I_icon_minitimeby Sayla Sat Sep 10, 2022 7:50 pm

» Tired.
"What’s a King to a God, and a God to a Non-believer?" I_icon_minitimeby Alyssa Grace Sat Sep 10, 2022 9:15 am

» Malaki Leiato
"What’s a King to a God, and a God to a Non-believer?" I_icon_minitimeby Chelsea Creed Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:27 am

» Chelsea Creed
"What’s a King to a God, and a God to a Non-believer?" I_icon_minitimeby Chelsea Creed Sat Sep 10, 2022 7:54 am

HALL OF CHAMPIONS

Click tiles for the championship history

Top posting users this week
No user
X (Twitter)
Discord Server
Affiliates

"What’s a King to a God, and a God to a Non-believer?"

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Danni

Danni

"What’s a King to a God, and a God to a Non-believer?" Empty
PostSubject: "What’s a King to a God, and a God to a Non-believer?"   "What’s a King to a God, and a God to a Non-believer?" I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2022 10:13 pm

"To say that I am glad that I beat Harvey Kennedy would be an understatement."

"There was a lot for me to prove in that first-round match-up. Not just to Harvey or myself, but to everyone watching. Every match, every encounter, and every fight puts me one step closer to accomplishing my task of purification here in APEX. The King of the North got to know firsthand just how set I am on sparking this revolution of change. My words are not hollow. They are not these bold declarations to be made just for the sake of saying them. They have genuine meaning to them. They have a purpose. This mission is one that means a lot to me and it is one that I intend on seeing through till the very end. No matter what. Especially now since I've moved on into the semi-finals of the Sovereign Cup. This tournament will see the winner get a chance for any of the two championships here in APEX. There is no margin for error here. Especially not now, since I've gone from a king to a god. Or, well, another king since he seems so fond of that title as well."

"The path of purification was never going to be an easy one to travel on. It is not lost on me how big this match is for me. Already I am in the semi-finals with one of the most decorated wrestlers to ever step foot inside of a wrestling ring in Jacob Senn. A man who has seen and done it all. A king. A conqueror. A pariah. An almighty. There are so many championships and accomplishments attached to this man's name that it's almost dizzying to think about it. A resume and career like his bring envy to those who wish to accomplish at least a quarter of what he's done. He is a legend, and that is not me exaggerating in the slightest. It is a simple truth. Places like EAW and OWA wouldn't be in the prominent places they are in as promotions now if it weren't for Jacob."

"His name should invoke honor and respect. However, long gone is the honorable man content on forging a legacy that many will awe at for years to come, for what is replaced is a man so hell-bent on destroying everything in his path and leaving ruin behind the very ground that he walks on. Now, as you put it yourself, you are an avatar of darkness and destruction. It is not enough for people to fall to you. You want to eviscerate every single foe and use them as these sorts of exclamation points for whatever statement it is that you wish to send out. You're a made man, Jacob. You've done everything a wrestler could only dream of achieving in their career. Yet, it just isn't enough anymore, is it? You're no longer satisfied with what you've done. You want more. You need more. And as such, you've turned to the dark side and grown to be even more cruel and callous."

"Still, I also cannot help but be tickled by something, Jacob. See, I've noticed that you like to sit on your proverbial throne and point your finger down onto the rest of us lot. You pass on judgment and decry almost everyone as being haughty and victims of their own "manufactured superiority". Blinded by vanity. Arrogance. Selfishness. Yet, are you not guilty of doing the same thing, Mr. Senn? Granted, some people may justify your own self-aggrandizement given your career, but as far as I'm concerned, arrogance is arrogance. Here you are, deeming yourself to be a god, deeming yourself to be untouchable, deeming yourself to be a sovereign... but at least as things in APEX goes, you haven't really done anything to truly earn that sort of acknowledgment here."

"Was that a bit too bold of me to declare? Perhaps. However, am I lying, Jacob? You already had your chance of becoming a world champion here, and though you had a valiant effort that's expected from a veteran like you, you didn't walk out of Inception with the gold. In fact, since that particular loss, you couldn't help but call Liz Karlson a pretender; someone who, in your eyes, was unworthy of being a champion. If you were truly above the rest of us, you wouldn't feel the need to cut down on others as you accuse people of doing to you. You wouldn't have felt the need to interject, interrupt Mr. Miles last show and try to make yourself heard. If that were the case, Jacob, the world championship would've been around your waist right now instead of by someone who you deemed to be a pretender. The same pretender that, mind you, did her damndest to carry out her role as an ace here in APEX. You have the gall to put down the likes of Aren as seeking to find some sort of relevancy, yet aren't you chasing for a sliver of acknowledgment from everyone here? You are no different from everyone else here. In fact, you may be even worse."

"How ironic, and yet sadly unbecoming of a man of your stature. Oh, how the mighty has fallen, indeed."

"Still, that is the price to pay for accepting the darkness and letting it consume you. At least someone like Diantha had her reasons for choosing the brutal path that she now walks on, but you? This wasn't born out of any necessity to adapt to your circumstances. This dark side of yours that you've tapped into stems from your own bitterness, insecurity, and jealousy. You are no god. You are no divine being. You, with all of your flaws, are a mere mortal like the rest of us -- one that has certainly done a lot in this sport, but that does not make you inconquerable in the slightest."

"I respect those who have come before me, but that does not mean that I will kiss the ground you walk on simply because you may tell me to. I honor the sort of wrestler you are, but that does not mean I have to fear you. At one point in time, this would've been a match for the ages. However, it's too much to ask for you to give me a match worthy of a spectacle. The competitiveness and the pure spirit of a fight don't matter to you anymore, and it's such a shame, Jacob. It truly is. You are the Goliath now; the proverbial monster I need to conquer. Whatever this darkness is, Jacob, I seek to unroot it from you, for I am the light that is needed here in APEX Wrestling. At least with me winning, there can be hope. There can be a chance for a bright future ahead for everyone here. But you? You don't care about this sport. You only care about yourself and wish to feed into your own vastly large ego that you've created for yourself. It's swallowed you whole already, and as far as I'm concerned, you're far too gone to have any chance for salvation."

"I've beaten a self-proclaimed king once already. I am certain that I can do it again."

"And with your defeat, I will come one step closer to saving everyone from people like you here in the Sovereign Cup."

Matt Miles and Alyssa Grace like this post

Back to top Go down

"What’s a King to a God, and a God to a Non-believer?"
Page 1 of 1