Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchLatest imagesMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Mary
"No Wasted Opportunity." Inception I I_icon_minitimeby MinaAizawa Thu Oct 13, 2022 3:46 am

» Kiki Munroe
"No Wasted Opportunity." Inception I I_icon_minitimeby Kevin Maverick Sun Sep 11, 2022 9:14 am

» Here's The Scoop
"No Wasted Opportunity." Inception I I_icon_minitimeby CHAOS Sat Sep 10, 2022 11:40 pm

» The Last Horseman
"No Wasted Opportunity." Inception I I_icon_minitimeby pussy Sat Sep 10, 2022 11:21 pm

» Price of Entry
"No Wasted Opportunity." Inception I I_icon_minitimeby Brick_Shithouse Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:46 pm

» 001: Una Introducción Formal
"No Wasted Opportunity." Inception I I_icon_minitimeby Sayla Sat Sep 10, 2022 7:50 pm

» Tired.
"No Wasted Opportunity." Inception I I_icon_minitimeby Alyssa Grace Sat Sep 10, 2022 9:15 am

» Malaki Leiato
"No Wasted Opportunity." Inception I I_icon_minitimeby Chelsea Creed Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:27 am

» Chelsea Creed
"No Wasted Opportunity." Inception I I_icon_minitimeby Chelsea Creed Sat Sep 10, 2022 7:54 am

HALL OF CHAMPIONS

Click tiles for the championship history

Top posting users this week
No user
X (Twitter)
Discord Server
Affiliates

"No Wasted Opportunity." Inception I

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Chelsea Creed

Chelsea Creed

"No Wasted Opportunity." Inception I Empty
PostSubject: "No Wasted Opportunity." Inception I   "No Wasted Opportunity." Inception I I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2022 9:08 pm

PHILADELPHIA, PENNSYLVANIA

“Chels.” A voice from across the training facility shouted.

The training facility, a gym run by former professional wrestler Robin Boyd - a trailblazer for Women’s Wrestling in the late Seventies / early Eighties, was busy on this particular afternoon. Robin marched through the gym, passing by two students who conversed about techniques and other students undergoing personal training. ‘Chels’, as she was called by her teacher, had just walked onto the main floor from the change rooms. The blonde-haired athlete was dressed to train, but would be stopped when Robin approached.

“Chels. I just got the confirmation.” Robin said, a subtle undertone of excitement in her voice - but it was uncharacteristic of Robin to show that emotion, especially to her students. Especially to the student who stood before her, as she knew this student had the most potential to ‘make it’ as one would say. Robin knew giving her a big head would be detrimental to her progress.

“Confirmation? What are you talking about?” ‘Chels’ questioned, arching an eyebrow as she began her crossover shoulder stretches, starting with her right arm over her chest.

“You know how I’ve told you I think it’s time for you to test your training on the circuit? Well -- APEX Wrestling is coming to Philadelphia and I sent your training videos to them. They’ve given you a shot. Opening match for their upcoming event.” Robin said, turning her tablet toward ‘Chels’ to show her the confirmation email.

Her hands grabbed the tablet, her eyes scanned the email as she read aloud. “Thank you for the footage. We at APEX are thrilled to be visiting Philadelphia and your location couldn’t be any more perfect. At Inception, we would like to have your student compete against another up and comer looking to make his official debut.”

Her eyes lifted from the tablet screen for a second, looking over to Robin who couldn’t hide the fact that a slight smile began to touch her lips. Her eyes dropped back to the screen and she continued to read.

“We will have Jack Cole versus Chelsea Creed to open the event. Once again, thank you for contacting us and we look forward to meeting your pupil in due time.” Chelsea finished, handing the tablet back to Robin who powered it off. “Is this real?” She questioned, her head tilted just a bit while she studied Robin’s facial expressions.

That hint of a smile from before, became more prominent. Robin, again - usually not the type to show emotion, couldn’t contain it. Her smile showed through, and even the tone of her voice changed from serious - to a more happier one. “This is as real as it gets, Chels. You are opening the first show of a new company. Matt Miles - you’ve heard of him, right?” Chelsea nodded. “He’s the C.E.O. If you impress him enough, you may just have a spot on the APEX roster.”

This idea immediately entered Chelsea’s head and it would be one that never left. Robin could see Chelsea’s mind working overtime thinking of the possibilities of what this opportunity could result in. Robin’s smile would then fade. Her eyes darted around the gym, then returned back to Chelsea. “Alright, Chels. We need to get you prepared. Today, technique workouts and then you try to dig up all you can on Jack Cole.” Robin said, her tone returning to the familiar stern pitch that Chelsea was accustomed to.

---------

“Words cannot express the gratitude that I feel. Not just to my mentor and trainer, Robin Boyd - but to Matt Miles and APEX Wrestling as a whole. It’s not every day a company would take a chance on someone fresh out of training, but Matt Miles and APEX did just that.”

“Philadelphia, Pennsylvania is a city synonymous with professional wrestling. From the extreme fundamentals that some practice, to one of the combatants in APEX’s first main event - and title match, Liz Karlson. It is my goal to add my name to that extensive, and rapidly growing list. It is my goal to be the next big thing in this industry. I want the name Chelsea Creed to be in the same sentence with Arata Asakura, with Emmanuelle, with Liz Karlson - and I have the opportunity to take my first step toward accomplishing that goal at APEX’s first event; Inception. And in what better city to do it than in Philadelphia?”

“I’m not jumping ahead of myself, though. I know in order to make it on that list of who’s-who; I know in order to rub shoulders with the best in this industry, it’s going to be a lot of hard work. I know I will have to sweat buckets and leave nearly every drop of blood in my veins in that ring. I know my career will have up’s and down’s, but you can safely bet that I’m going to do everything in my power to start my career on a high note. I do not intend on leaving Inception with my first professional loss, not in front of my friends and family here in Philly. I do not intend to let my first big shot in this industry slip through my fingers.”

“Jack Cole. I may not know you personally, but I can almost guarantee that you share the same mindset. A mere matter of minutes has the possibility of changing our lives as we know it. You may have been wrestling underground since you were a teenager, but this is a professional company - one that has designs on becoming one of the best promotions in the world. Not only do we get showcased as the first ever match, as the first two athletes to step into the APEX ring - but we have the opportunity of a lifetime. We could be signed and our careers could both officially take off from here. If you’re anything like me, then that alone is enough motivation to go out and give everything that I have.”

“But it’s also the desire to go out and set the bar for what combat should be here in APEX. I’ve been called ‘The Natural’; technically gifted from the start, but highly trained. I have the ability to out wrestle just about anyone who stands in front of me, I just needed the platform to compete. I just needed the opportunity to show my talent. This is that opportunity. This is my opportunity. You, though, are unpredictable. You are a technician at heart, have the striking ability that most would be envious of, and have the ability to take to the skies like a bird. You blend all of that together and add in the years you’ve spent honing your craft underground - and here you stand. I will tell you, though, I will not back down. I don’t care if you fly. I don’t care if you hit me as hard as you physically can - I will not stop. No matter what you do, no matter what you try - I will have the counter ready. I will know the escape of every attempt. I will out wrestle you, Jack.”

“That is my goal; to out wrestle everyone that I cross paths with. To set the bar for what combat truly is. To become one of the best in this company. But first, I have to earn my way there. First I have to prove myself worthy, to prove myself naturally made for this profession and better way than to best ‘The Prodigy’? What better way to prove my worth to Matt Miles and the APEX wrestling heads that I am cut out for this company, than to put on a wrestling clinic to showcase my talents?”

“I mean no disrespect, Jack. I truly am excited to have this opportunity and to share it with you. But the fact remains that only one of us can walk away with this victory. And I’m going to give every last bit of myself to this match in order to make sure it’s me.”

Matt Miles, VAEVICTIS and Alyssa Grace like this post

Back to top Go down

"No Wasted Opportunity." Inception I
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: CHARACTER HUB :: Promos-
Jump to: