Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchLatest imagesMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Mary
"Turn Back, For You Will Only Bring Yourself to Your Own End." I_icon_minitimeby MinaAizawa Thu Oct 13, 2022 3:46 am

» Kiki Munroe
"Turn Back, For You Will Only Bring Yourself to Your Own End." I_icon_minitimeby Kevin Maverick Sun Sep 11, 2022 9:14 am

» Here's The Scoop
"Turn Back, For You Will Only Bring Yourself to Your Own End." I_icon_minitimeby CHAOS Sat Sep 10, 2022 11:40 pm

» The Last Horseman
"Turn Back, For You Will Only Bring Yourself to Your Own End." I_icon_minitimeby pussy Sat Sep 10, 2022 11:21 pm

» Price of Entry
"Turn Back, For You Will Only Bring Yourself to Your Own End." I_icon_minitimeby Brick_Shithouse Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:46 pm

» 001: Una Introducción Formal
"Turn Back, For You Will Only Bring Yourself to Your Own End." I_icon_minitimeby Sayla Sat Sep 10, 2022 7:50 pm

» Tired.
"Turn Back, For You Will Only Bring Yourself to Your Own End." I_icon_minitimeby Alyssa Grace Sat Sep 10, 2022 9:15 am

» Malaki Leiato
"Turn Back, For You Will Only Bring Yourself to Your Own End." I_icon_minitimeby Chelsea Creed Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:27 am

» Chelsea Creed
"Turn Back, For You Will Only Bring Yourself to Your Own End." I_icon_minitimeby Chelsea Creed Sat Sep 10, 2022 7:54 am

HALL OF CHAMPIONS

Click tiles for the championship history

Top posting users this week
No user
X (Twitter)
Discord Server
Affiliates

"Turn Back, For You Will Only Bring Yourself to Your Own End."

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Danni

Danni

"Turn Back, For You Will Only Bring Yourself to Your Own End." Empty
PostSubject: "Turn Back, For You Will Only Bring Yourself to Your Own End."   "Turn Back, For You Will Only Bring Yourself to Your Own End." I_icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2022 9:57 pm

"Turn Back, For You Will Only Bring Yourself to Your Own End." 24b5d0242a15dfa2523c290c493e8e8a

TURN BACK, FOR YOU WILL ONLY BRING YOURSELF TO YOUR OWN END.

Life is given as the scene opens to a shot of a cliff. Waves crash against it from below in a near-violent manner. However, this doesn't seem to bother the figure that is shortly seen seated on a rock, staring off into the distance. The shot changes and this figure is revealed to be C. His eyes remain focused on the horizon as he begins to speak.

"I did it. I won. The purification can begin. It wasn't an easy feat to achieve, however. Far from it. On any given night, such tactics could've worked to undermine even the most skillful of combatants. Arturo, for as much as it was dishonorable, had formulated many plans just for our matchup. From the attack before the match could even begin properly to the low blow, it was clear that he sought every advantage possible to try and win. However, I've seen this sort of dance far too many times, as I'm sure we all have. It was hell, but I couldn't stay down. I couldn't have him undermine everything I wish to accomplish here through dirty tricks and desperate measures. In the end, I hit him with everything I had, and I won. I beat him. I made my point. The first step has been taken."

He nods. A small smile can be seen forming along his lips.

"It feels good. It truly does. I get to sit here and take a deep breath, knowing that my efforts hadn't been in vain. Most importantly, I didn't embarrass myself in my first match here."

A light laugh.

"My performance managed to sway some of the APEX faithful to my cause and even earned me some honors for that week. That sort of recognition is great, but I cannot lose sight of the bigger picture here. There is much more work to be done, and while I am glad things worked out in my favor, I cannot celebrate. Arturo is the first of many that are in desperate need of a wake-up call. The titles, the awards, and the merits I may attain along the way won't matter if I cannot follow up and continue this momentum. I am calm, but do not mistake my calmness as nonchalance in this matter. I wholly wish to win. I want to get my feet on the right track so that my mission will be accomplished. The win I captured brought forth a lot of perspectives; a lot of understanding of the hurdles that may be in my way. The competition in APEX is no joke."

"However, I wouldn't have it any other way. To be recognized among the best in the business will only serve to make my message that much stronger. More potent. It will be hard for anyone to mistake this as some foolhardy crusade. It is a conquest of genuine worth. Not in the sense of domination, but of illumination; to wake each and every single last one of you and save you all before you fall victim to your own false sense of grandeur. To make sure you won't follow someone like Arturo and make the same mistakes he did. Unfortunately, though, I believe my next opponent may give him a run for his money when it comes to nefarious actions."

The optimistic tone in his voice is lost. Growing more serious, C's gaze falls on the camera as he carried.

"Miss Diantha Rosso. You have certainly worked up a lot of people, and that's putting it mildly. For about a month now you've been on a tear. You have been unrelenting. Each show sees to upping the ante and showcasing that there are no limits to what sort of twisted actions you decide to root up. Everything you've done thus far has stricken fear into every one, from the fans and the staff to even some of the wrestlers. However, with me, that sort of feeling has escaped me. It isn't to discount you, but... I'm just truly puzzled by it all."

"What exactly is your end game here?"

"Is this something you truly wish to be proud of? When you're long gone from this sport and reminiscing on every action taken throughout your career, is... is all of this going to be something you'll look at fondly? I just don't understand, frankly. How can anyone stomach causing such needless brutality upon another individual? And I get it - you've made it loud and clear that you absolutely despise Azumi. Still, Diantha, you are a cunning and experienced person. A hunter is calculated, not barbaric. You needn't go through such extreme lengths to achieve what it is you desire. You can be far, far better than this."

C sighs, shaking his head. He gaze lowers to the ground.

"Still, my words won't get to you, will they? In fact, you probably don't even care. You're furious. Frustrated. Ultimately, you wish to channel all of this onto me, correct? To make an example out of me in hopes of further getting inside Azumi Goto's head as we draw closer to Event Horizon. Wouldn't be a far-fetched assumption to make as it would only be the natural course of action for you to take. Should you lay your hands on her before the match, you're fired. Whatever hopes you had of brutalizing her further would be dashed away within an instant. So, what's the next best thing anyone would do if they were in your position? Find someone else you can take your frustrations out on. It's a violent and vicious cycle that seems to be endless until you and your nemesis finally see each other in the ring."

"However, I wish to end this cycle. I want to quell it before it becomes too overbearing for you to manage."

"This path of destruction has many consequences, and you've already had to deal with some of these consequences already, Diantha. if you tread too lightly you'll find yourself slipping into a dark place you can never leave. It just isn't worth it. I beg of you to not look past me. I need you to be present; to be prepared for when we collide tomorrow night. Put whatever it is you have going on to the side. Do not discard me as someone that is nothing more than some kind of stepping stone or a cheap way for you to dish out punishment. Don't see me as someone easy, Diantha, because I am far from it. Arturo thought that he could make easy work of me, but look at what happened between him and I. And no disrespect to Gisele, but you won't be choking me out easily, if at all."

"As I said though, words are likely meaningless to you. I can plead and try to make you see the error of your ways, but at this point, it's probably too late. So, I have no choice but to beat you just to make you realize why this is all so wrong. Your blind rage won't help you here. They'll only serve to steer you in the wrong direction, and you'll be forcefully crashed back to reality. There's no other way around it."

C rises to his feet. He looks out once more at the waters. The waves have grown calm.

"Your wake-up call will be a harsh but much-needed one. Not just for you, but for everyone else here in APEX. "

Before he departs, he offers a simple yet apt quote:

"Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent."

And with that, C takes his leave. The camera focuses on the waters once more before the scene fades to black.

Matt Miles likes this post

Back to top Go down

"Turn Back, For You Will Only Bring Yourself to Your Own End."
Page 1 of 1